Author Topic: Application Group changes to query restrictions  (Read 5923 times)

DDP021

• View Profile
Application Group changes to query restrictions
« on: January 20, 2015, 08:59:28 AM »
Not sure I'm on the right forum for this question...In any event, we are currently running CMOD 8.5.0...On two of our Application Groups we need to make changes on the PERMISSIONS...Currently we have "Query Restrictions" defined on numerous ids (almost 1000)...We need to make changes to these query restrictions on all of these ids...Currently, the only method we know of is via the CMOD ADMIN client and manually going into the Application Group, highlighting each id (one at a time) and then going under the Query Restriction and clicking EDIT and manually making the change...As you can imagine, this is quite tedious and time consuming with so many ids...Does anyone know of a way to make these kind of changes without doing them in the method I described????...Not sure where in the database these query restrictions are found...Basically if they can be located, we need to replace one word with another...Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

jeffs42885

Re: Application Group changes to query restrictions
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 12:17:29 PM »
I had to do something like this one that I scripted against the CMOD Database which I DO NOT BELIEVE IS SUPPORTED

I would go in to the object, and then query the object, and see which database field changed. For example, with loading/logging in an application group query before/after the system log..I would make the changes, and see which field it would impact, and go from there. It might not be as plain as day but say property X = yes, property Y = YES, property N = NO, might set the value to lets say 5...but making changes might set it to 8,3,7,1, etc..

Catch my drift?

Ed_Arnold

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 08:48:34 AM »
This is not my strong area but I think ARSXML UPDATE function will help?

Ed
#zOS #ODF

Justin Derrick

• IBM Content Manager OnDemand Consultant
  • Administrator
  • CMOD Guru for hire...
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Consulting
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 04:30:27 AM »
Can you give us an example of how the Query Restriction looks today, and what you'd do to alter it? The only snag is going to be that you'll be doing regular expressions on what is essentially a programming language (SQL) so it's going to be tricky.  Which languages can you write the code in?  (Please say "Perl"!   ;D)

-JD.
IBM CMOD Professional Services: http://TenaciousConsulting.com
Call:  +1-866-533-7742  or  eMail:  jd@justinderrick.com
IBM CMOD Wiki:  https://CMOD.wiki/
FREE IBM CMOD Education & Webinars:  https://CMOD.Training/

Interests: #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #TSM #SP #Performance #Security #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR

Greg Ira

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 07:47:07 AM »
FYI.  Query restrictions are located in the ARSAGPERMS table.  I would imagine a carefully crafted SPUFI update would do what you need.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 09:40:16 AM by Greg Ira »

Justin Derrick

• IBM Content Manager OnDemand Consultant
  • Administrator
  • CMOD Guru for hire...
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Consulting
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2015, 12:55:10 PM »
FYI.  Query restrictions are located in the ARSAGPERMS table.  I would imagine a carefully crafted SPUFI update would do what you need.

Uh...  SPUFI?  What's that?

-JD.
IBM CMOD Professional Services: http://TenaciousConsulting.com
Call:  +1-866-533-7742  or  eMail:  jd@justinderrick.com
IBM CMOD Wiki:  https://CMOD.wiki/
FREE IBM CMOD Education & Webinars:  https://CMOD.Training/

Interests: #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #TSM #SP #Performance #Security #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR

Greg Ira

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2015, 06:01:57 AM »
Oops, sorry, long time DB2 user .  SPUFI (SQL Processor Using File Input).   Should have said SQL update. Guilty of typing without thinking. :D

DDP021

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 05:16:26 AM »
Here's an example of a query restriction as it stand today:

((REPORT_NAME like 'GSC1CUST%' and Index_1 in ('LEG', 'LGP')))   

In this case the 'GSC1CUST%' and Index_1' would need to be replaced with, 'BDCGMCUS% and CUST' on EVERY user id associated with this Application Group..

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2015, 08:07:43 AM »
Well my advice is the following.

• Use ARSXML to export the rights of your users for the application group
  • Modify the XML to have only the Query restrictions that you need for your users
  • Run ARSXML with the update option and the new XML created in the previous point

Or like some people said to update directly the table ARSAGFLDPERMS.... but this is a not supported way to change the Query Restriction (even if it works :-D)!!
The ID of the table is either the group (GID) or the user (UID).
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 07:34:14 AM by Alessandro Perucchi »
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

DDP021

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2015, 07:22:57 AM »
Thanks for the info!!!...We will pass this info to our systems group who will be performing the changes!!!

Take care!!