Author Topic: OnDemand V2 and GUI Connection cannot be established for the server  (Read 1898 times)

cmodpuser

• View Profile
Hello,
We still use V2 and decided to eliminate weekly IPLs. On week three OnDemand GUI users have started receiving intermitent 'Connection Could not be established to the server'
I can't open a problem to IBM since V2 is off support even though we are still paying for it.
the OnDemand IODLDFLT defaults have max clients and max sockets set to 300. The EZACICD macro has 100 of NUMSOCK specified.
The last stats message in MSGUSR was: OD390 Max Concurrent Users   LoggedOn=128   Active=110.
I am suspecting that 'in memory' replica of the IODSRVR TS Queue may have something to do with it.
Omegamon was showing a warning: TDQU Dest: ODCU queue length is 83.
We ended up recycling CICS and it cleared up the problem.

Does anyone remember any limitations of that sort in V2 or had similar issues in the past?

Thanks,
Margaret

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: OnDemand V2 and GUI Connection cannot be established for the server
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 07:56:07 AM »
Hello Margaret,

I cannot answer you, but I'm just wondering, why don't you do an upgrade to a newest version of CMOD? V2 is at least 12-13 years old...

If you pay for a z environment, and for CMOD licenses, then that's a waste not to be up to date.
And the more you wait, and the more difficult it is to have help...

Sorry for this off-topic...

Yours sincerely,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML