Author Topic: ARSSOCKD daemons not up  (Read 4414 times)

rajesh

ARSSOCKD daemons not up
« on: May 06, 2015, 04:38:23 AM »
Hi,

We are migrating the OnDemand Instance from solairs to Linux. I am facing issue while starting the arssockd services
Environment Details:
OnDemand 8.5.0.6
Database DB2 9.5
OS Linux

Below is the process i am following.

1. Database Migrated from solaris to Linux
2. Using the same scripts of arsdb, arssockd, arsload with hostname modifications.
3. Able to start the DB but not able to start the ARSSOCKD Daemons. when i check the logs it shows below message.
Error Message
ERROR: ARSSOCKD daemons not up, waiting 15 seconds and will try again

Can any one help me on this. Quick response is much appreciated.

Michel de Kraker

• View Profile
    • SYSBLOX , AIX consultancy
Re: ARSSOCKD daemons not up
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 05:03:24 AM »
Hi Rajesh,

You should have an file called arssock.err in /tmp which should tell you more.

Kind regards,

Michel.

rajesh

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 05:19:57 AM »
thank Michel,

I dont find the err file in /tmp directory.

Michel de Kraker

• View Profile
    • SYSBLOX , AIX consultancy
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 05:22:55 AM »
Ok ,

something in /var/log/messages?

michel.

rajesh

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 05:27:22 AM »
Michel,

I viewed the message file but i dont find anything related to arssockd. You want me to share the details please confirm

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 09:50:08 AM »
Hello Rajesh,

I would like to understand how you did your export import from Solaris to Linux.

Have you been sure that you have done correctly the codepage translation?
Have you correctly setup the ars.ini / ars.cfg / ars.cache / ars.dbfs?
Have you correctly setup the tsm files ? (dsm.sys / dsm.opt)?
Have you checked ALL permissions on all files?

I mean, you cannot simply ask the forum:
I've done a migration from Solaris to Linux (which is not a trivial task, and I already told you in other posts), and please help me because arssockd doesn't work.
If such things happens, then you must check every single bits and bits of the migration, every single permissions, every single setup files in order to be sure that you've not missed something somewhere.

If you want help, then please provide the following informations:

ars.ini
corresponding ars.cfg, ars.cache, ars.dbfs
Then a "ls -Rtla" of all directories and files described in the four files I've just mentionned.
Then we will also need the content of all the files concerning TSM that you have configured (if you use TSM)
The list of all users and group (with uid and gid) that are relevant to CMOD, like the DB2 user, CMOD user.
The exact protocol of the current migration steps, with all details.

That will at least help us to help you in a significant way, that way we are not saying things like:
check in /tmp for a file, that you will probably never find, because you have never configure your ARSTMP to point to /tmp.

You must give us all the information you can, and if you don't want to put it public, fine, but then send in via PM, if you want help.

And if don't want to do that, then please look for someone who has performed an actual Solaris to Linux migration, you will have less problems.

Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

rajesh

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2015, 03:10:16 AM »
thank you Alessandro,

what exactly i am doing is,

1. Initially DB had been migrated from Solaris to Linux environment including everything.
2. I have installed OnDemand but didnt run the create database command, system load & system logging because I am reusing the existing Database Instance Archive.
3. When i try to run the three commands(create database command, system load & system logging) it shows message as if you are using existing instance please include ARS_ORIGINAL_CODEPAGE values for database, system loading & logging in ars.cfg file.
4. i have modifed according to the message and i am able to connect to database archive but when i try to start the arssockd services it shows below messages
"Finished sourcing variables. now starting the daemons
Finished checking the database now starting the daemons
ERROR: ARSSOCKD daemons not up, waiting 15 seconds and will try again"
5. as per your suggestion in other post once the arssocked is started i will migrate the Cache with the help of Unix team.

Can you provide me the email id so that i can share the details with you. But i have setup the ars.ini/ars.cfg/ars.cache/ars.dbfs files correctly.

Regards,
Rajesh
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 03:35:01 AM by rajesh »

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2015, 03:02:43 AM »
Hello Rajesh,

I don't want to be rude, but your explanation shows me only one thing. You are not capable of doing such migration.

Please look for someone able to do it.

Why do I say that? The description you are giving me are a mix of many things that doesn't fit together. It shows me, how clueless you are on the whole process.

I've explain in the forum the "generic way" to do it, without going to the details, BECAUSE every migration is different. I've describe just the high level approach.
With this high level plan, then you can work out on the details, what needs to be done exactly.
And you need to go details after details, step after steps, and understand the why of each steps, and the why we can that this shortcut, and why for this step we cannot, etc...
You need to have a detailed description of it.
AND only THEN, you can start with the actual work.
If you do something else, and just playing around with concept that you don't understand in a high level.... then forget it, you won't be able to do the detailed plan, and understand why you are doing which steps, and what to do if they fail.

And here, even if you stay at a semi-high level, it shows simply that you don't understand what you are doing at all.

So please again, if you don't know what you are doing, please check with a CMOD expert that can help you in that migration, and he can explain you exactly every steps that you must be performed, what you need to check, etc...

And with you current explaination, there is NO ONE in this forum, me included, that can help you with your current problem.

Again, sorry to be rude, but I needed to say it now, because what you are doing simply won't work.

Kind regards,
Alessandro
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 03:06:57 AM by Alessandro Perucchi »
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML