Author Topic: Migrating old system to new  (Read 1586 times)

jeffs42885

Migrating old system to new
« on: June 22, 2015, 07:16:13 AM »
Greetings all,

We are in the process of doing the following migration

CMOD 8.4 with APPX 667 AGs/Apps
Windows 2003 Server, 4GB RAM, SQL Server
No CFS, ERM, RDF
Very simple system, seems well maintained. Nothing crazy in the system log.
Database name is the default ARCHIVE

The new setup

CMOD 9.5.0.2 with the same amount of objects
Windows 2008 Server, 65 GB of ram, DB2
No CFS, ERM, RDF

Some Questions, the old prod system will be a QA/DEV system. Will it be ok to use the name ARCHIVE for both database instances

And what is the best way to get the data out of the system to load into the new system. I think it's about 250gigs of PDF's

Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Migrating old system to new
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 11:57:01 PM »
Hi,

So you are going from SQL Server to DB2... I won't say it is impossible to convert the database, in order to migrate it (I've done it for Oracle -> DB2, and DB2 -> Oracle). But I have never done it for SQL Server -> Oracle/DB2.
My advise would be to simply use the standard migration tool "arsdoc get" "arsload".

And concerning the CMOD Structure (~667 AG/APPS)... I would suggest that you use a local server to export the definition of CMOD and reimport it in your CMOD V9.5.

Now the database name... It can be the same for both instances... of course. BUT, you need to have 2 different user, one for DEV and one for QA. In that case, you could even have the same database, but with 2 different schema (one per user).
To have 2 separated DB with the same name, the only way I can see it, is to have 2 different DB2 owner.

-
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

jeffs42885

Re: Migrating old system to new
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 06:32:02 AM »
Just what I had suspected :)

So lets say for example- the old system was odadmin

the new system should be odadmin1

Just from reading all these posts, this REALLY doesn't seem like it is that big of a deal to migrate the data, it's just something that I personally never have done. Since it is on cache, whats the best way to do it? Use 87 records?