Author Topic: How to enable combine documents in to singe document  (Read 3107 times)

rajesh

How to enable combine documents in to singe document
« on: August 19, 2015, 06:43:07 AM »
Hi,

I have a requirement where i need to consolidate multiple PDF files into one PDF file. when i go through the documentation i can see the "Combine documents into single attachment" while sending the files through Email. But the option is grayed out.

Can any one help me how to enable this option in On Demand windows client v 9.5.0

Attached is the screenshot for reference.

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: How to enable combine documents in to singe document
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 05:09:31 AM »
Hello Rajesh.

on the viewing perspective or on the archiving side?
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

rajesh

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 07:52:04 AM »
Alessandro,

Actually i want to send those bulk files in single attachment to user through Outlook

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 05:17:35 AM »
Hello Rajesh,

from the client, you cannot do that, if I am not wrong.
You can maybe create some buttons, and use some OLE/DDE connection with VB using the "Windows Client Customization Guide" (can be found here for V9.5 : http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSEPCD_9.5.0/com.ibm.ondemand.winclient.doc/dodwc245.htm?cp=SSEPCD_9.5.0%2F3-2

Now, with ICN (IBM Content Navigator) this possibility is available, and can select many documents and download them as a zip. This is a standard function of ICN.

Hope that helps a little bit.

-
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

rajesh

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 03:16:05 AM »
Got the solution.

The Option will not get enabled for PDF files it will get enabled for line & AFP data.