Author Topic: Scripts to Synchronize Environments when using Dual Load Configuration  (Read 2157 times)

tjspencer2

• View Profile
Our shop is using dual load configuration for our production environments.

I appear to have some discrepancies between the environments and want to synchronize.

Will you please point me in the direction of some scripts to help me synchronize?

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Scripts to Synchronize Environments when using Dual Load Configuration
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 11:25:04 PM »
What do you mean exactly by discrepancies?
Do you mean, that in an application group, you have in the primary archive 1000 documents, and in the second one, something like 997 or 1003?

The only way I can see, is to extract the rows of one system, the rows of the second system, and do some "diff"s, and when you have some differences, then extract the missing documents from the primary to archive them in the second.

Basically, you need to create these scripts "yourself", because CMOD doesn't have such mechanism.
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

tjspencer2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 09:31:59 AM »
Yes, if I were to run an OnDemand (WEBi) report or query the DB2 table for an Application Group I could see the discrepancy as you noted - 1 may show 1000 and another 997.

I get what you're saying on the exports and diff operations, but we're talking 10s of millions of rows of data.

Because Dual Load Configuration is such a popular model, and in talking with some of the VARs that recommend this approach, they thought someone on the ODUG forum would be able to share some scripts to jumpstart our comparing and exporting from one solution and into the other.

I also understand that version 9.5 for MP has a compare utility, but we're not there yet - looking to get there at the end of the year.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 10:54:40 PM »
Well, in Switzerland, where all my customers are, they never use the dual load configuration approach.
So maybe in your part of the world, this is a popular model, but not here...
I cannot help you with some scripts.

What our customers are doing, are more backups, or some are using database replications, and TSM functionality to ensure high availability. Until now, they are quite happy.
They are not quite interested with the dual load approach, exactly because of this discrepancy problem.

The comparison you're talking about in V9.5 is only something that compares CMOD resources (users, groups, application groups, etc...) but not customer datas.

One last question, when you say 1 side you have 1000 hits, and the other side you have only 997... have you looked a the differences? Is there some missing load? Or are all the load there, but one of them is smaller than what was expected? Or do you have some "hidden" process that load documents into the first CMOD, but not on the second? Where there some operations done in the first or second CMOD that was "manually" done, and didn't got replicated to the other one?
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML