Author Topic: loading vs retrieving large reports from z/OS CMOD  (Read 2796 times)

LWagner

loading vs retrieving large reports from z/OS CMOD
« on: September 25, 2015, 01:17:16 PM »
My company has been using CMOD to load very large accounting reports to mainframe CMOD. We are now in the process to migrate from the mainframe CMOD to AIX CMOD. Numerically speaking, I have moved 90% of the data for about about 80% of the necessary reports.  Along the way, I ran into ARS024 object recovery errors for a few reasons.
The data migration method is an "arsdoc get" from mainframe CMOD followed by an arsload to AIX CMOD.

It turns out some ARS024 errors would eventually return all a report's document objects intact, sometimes failing at different points along retrieval, but subsequent reads of data in OAM progressed further and further, until completely successful. This was observed in the output logs.

I have a more persistent error, with very large reports failing perhaps in DB2 buffering, with the report being unable to be uploaded, then transferred to the intermediate Windows retrieval server. Which is never out of space.  These reports are 40,000 to 50,000 pages of line data.  In one load sequence, with multiple reads per object, only one report loaded out of 21 attempted.  This particular report is in 500 page blocks, and with a page range value.  There may be from 70-100 index lines for the report, but due to page range, the report is viewed as a single object in the arsdoc get retrieval .

I am out of support with z/OS CMOD 9.04.

Any ideas out there ?  Or is this report stuck on z/OS CMOD forever ?

Larry Wagner

Justin Derrick

• IBM Content Manager OnDemand Consultant
  • Administrator
  • CMOD Guru for hire...
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Consulting
Re: loading vs retrieving large reports from z/OS CMOD
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 07:03:40 PM »
I have a more persistent error, with very large reports failing perhaps in DB2 buffering, with the report being unable to be uploaded, then transferred to the intermediate Windows retrieval server. Which is never out of space.  These reports are 40,000 to 50,000 pages of line data.  In one load sequence, with multiple reads per object, only one report loaded out of 21 attempted.  This particular report is in 500 page blocks, and with a page range value.  There may be from 70-100 index lines for the report, but due to page range, the report is viewed as a single object in the arsdoc get retrieval .

What's the error you get from the failed loading?  When loading extra-large reports, I generally do two things:  Set the Large Object size to 1000 pages, and increase the object size slightly from 10MB to 25MB.

-JD.
IBM CMOD Professional Services: http://TenaciousConsulting.com
Call:  +1-866-533-7742  or  eMail:  jd@justinderrick.com
IBM CMOD Wiki:  https://CMOD.wiki/
FREE IBM CMOD Education & Webinars:  https://CMOD.Training/

Interests: #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #TSM #SP #Performance #Security #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR

LWagner

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 07:30:57 AM »
Where is the Larrge Object setting ? CMOD, DB2, OAM ?

We have DB2 9.1, CMOD 8.4.03 on Z/OS 1.13

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 08:20:40 AM »
Set the Large Object size to 1000 pages

You can find the setting in the application on the tab "Load Information", then top-right

increase the object size slightly from 10MB to 25MB.

You can find this setting in the Application Group, on the tab "Storage Management" -> Button Advanced -> first field Object Size (in KiB) (per default 10'000 KiB)
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

LWagner

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 08:26:34 AM »
Thank you.

I will reset that on a few more apps.
It may accommodate other ARS024 issues. 

LWagner

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 12:34:34 PM »
Three tries. Three abends. Tried object sizes of 10000K, 20000K, 60000K, large object, and number of pages 1000 and 1023.

07.57.39 STC00065  DSN3201I  ¢ ABNORMAL EOT IN PROGRESS FOR  583             
   583             USER=ARSSERVR CONNECTION-ID=DB2CALL CORRELATION-ID=ARSSOCKD
   583             JOBNAME=ARSSOCKD ASID=00E5 TCB=009CFE88                   

08.27.18 STC00065  DSN3201I  ¢ ABNORMAL EOT IN PROGRESS FOR  756             
   756             USER=ARSSERVR CONNECTION-ID=DB2CALL CORRELATION-ID=ARSSOCKD
   756             JOBNAME=ARSSOCKD ASID=00AE TCB=009CFE88                   

08.32.49 STC00065  DSN3201I  ¢ ABNORMAL EOT IN PROGRESS FOR  120             
   120             USER=ARSSERVR CONNECTION-ID=DB2CALL CORRELATION-ID=ARSSOCKD
   120             JOBNAME=ARSSOCKD ASID=00AE TCB=009CFE88