Author Topic: Restore indexes from FAA1  (Read 2145 times)

Maciej Mieczakowski

• View Profile
Restore indexes from FAA1
« on: December 09, 2015, 04:50:11 AM »
I know when data is stored in Ondemand, it's split to two data files located in TSM/cache: compressed object file FAAA and index values FAA1.
Both files are compressed or these are blobs. For sure it's not readable format.

Now I'd like to know how to get access to FAA1 data and recover it back to DB. What is best procedure to do this.

Many Thanks for your guidance.

Justin Derrick

• IBM Content Manager OnDemand Consultant
  • Administrator
  • CMOD Guru for hire...
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Consulting
Re: Restore indexes from FAA1
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 05:48:50 AM »
Hi Maciej.

The FAA1 object is indeed compressed.  You can decompress it with arsadmin decompress, which will result in a text file.  It's been a very long time since I looked at one, but I believe it's a 'columnar' format (not CSV).  I'm not sure how to actually load this data back into CMOD though I'm guessing it might be through one of the arsadmin commands, or maybe you have to write your own utility.

A few things:

• If you're going to add rows back into the database tables, put the data into the segment/table where it belongs according to the arsseg table in order to preserve query performance.
  • To be nice, make sure you update the 'rows inserted' and associated columns in arsseg after you've added the new records.
  • Ensure that whatever configuration setting resulted in the early expiration of the data from the database has been corrected before inserting new rows.
  • If you're inserting data into a table that's 'closed' according to CMOD, a manual table reorg (including indexes) and runstats wouldn't hurt after your inserts are done.

Good luck, and report back with any details!

-JD.
IBM CMOD Professional Services: http://TenaciousConsulting.com
Call:  +1-866-533-7742  or  eMail:  jd@justinderrick.com
IBM CMOD Wiki:  https://CMOD.wiki/
FREE IBM CMOD Education & Webinars:  https://CMOD.Training/

Interests: #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #TSM #SP #Performance #Security #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Restore indexes from FAA1
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 04:01:33 PM »
I have not many things to say from what Justin said.
Except, since CMOD V9.5 the options in arsadmin were "cleanup" so cannot use it anymore to insert one of this index file.
So it means you must starting from CMOD V9.5 create your own script. The format is basically a tab separated index. The column names are written in the first line (at least for the user indexes).
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML