Author Topic: ARSMAINT Syntax  (Read 4091 times)

rajesh

ARSMAINT Syntax
« on: December 15, 2015, 02:00:16 AM »
Greetings for all,

We are planning to remove the data which is available for more than 3 years(example from 2000 to 2010 Year) for which i have gone through the Administration guide and not able to find the exact syntax with ARSMAINT to provide the date.
can any one help me with the correct syntax. Below is the syntax i got from Administration Guide but not sure how to provide the Date range in the syntax.

/arsmaint -deimrv -g application group -I ARCHIVE

rajesh

Re: ARSMAINT Syntax
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 04:11:41 AM »
I ran the command ./arsmaint -cdeimrsv -g CCCBIX -I ARCHIVE -t 13095(Date) by switching to root user and getting below error message. Using OnDemand id i am not able to run the above command.

"Invalid ownership and/or permissions on cache file/directory >/arscache/cache1/16860/BQB/DOC/152FAA1<  Srvr->"

But from Message codes of IBM Guide:
ARS0198E Invalid ownership and/or permissions on cache file/directory >path_name<
Explanation: The ownership or permissions for the specified cache storage file or directory are not correct.
User Response: Verify the ownership and permissions for the cache storage filesystems and then resubmit the
command. If the problem persists, contact your IBM Service Representative.

Can any one help me out with this issue.

Ed_Arnold

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, 08:47:39 AM »
Rajesh - I don't know the answer to your expiration question but if you're having ARS0198E messages please run the VALIDATE command and see if it flags anything as incorrect:

http://www.odusergroup.org/forums/index.php?topic=559.0

Ed
#zOS #ODF

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 02:00:06 AM »
Rajesh,

apparently the arsmaint process is not clear for you.

You cannot do what you want. This is for CMOD impossible.

When you use the option -d it means that you want to remove the indexes/documents (expiration of documents in CMOD), then it means that all documents that are older from the date used in the "Index Expiration" in your application group are deleted.
You cannot say.. please remove only the one between this range of date, but not that, but this one too... no... you cannot. CMOD will simply delete everything < Expiration Date.

Now, you have the option "-c" which means you can delete files in the cache. And you can use the option "-t" to say, let say that the date is not today, but some day in the future. And it will only delete the cache files, no indexes.

the option "-t" does not work with the "-d" option.

So what you want to do, needs to be done programmatically, there are NO other ways to do it with CMOD.

Hope that helps.

Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

wenying A

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 02:39:28 AM »
arsmaint does not have a flag for the date range. Rather, it has a flag for date, the '-t' flag. The purpose of this flag is to specify a date used to determine if an object's expiration is over due.   

When you run 'arsmaint -c' or 'arsmaint -d', CMOD compares the expiration date of the cache or index with current date. If the expiration date is earlier than the current date, it means the object's expiration is over due.  Therefore, CMOD will delete it. However, in some situations you may want to keep objects whose expiration date already passed. E.g., today is 10/10/2016, but you want to keep those cache files or indexes with expiration date later than 9/1/2016. In this case, you use the flag '-t 2016/09/01' . That is, you ask CMOD to use the date '9/1/2016' - rather than the current date - to determine if the expiration is over due.

In V8.5, the date format for the flag '-t' is Epoch date (i.e, an integer). In V9 and V9.5, the date format contains yyyy, mm and dd (with yyyy-mm-dd as the default.) Therefore, if you specify '-t n' (where n is an integer) in V9 and V9.5, you will get:
ARS1104E The option >-t< argument >7306< is invalid

The flag -t can be used with both 'arsmaint -c' and 'arsmaint -d'. The syntax of arsmaint has not changed. But the date format for the flag '-t' has.