Author Topic: Editable Index field/values in an AppGroup  (Read 2034 times)

mroutlander

• View Profile
Editable Index field/values in an AppGroup
« on: June 24, 2016, 06:21:23 AM »
A warm hello to fellow ODUsers,

I need a little help. My client wants to make certain index fields/values modifiable in a particular app group - let's say fields InvNumber and InvAmt in a certain AG called InvoiceUpdate. These should be editable for a certain group only - say ZonalManagerGroup.

While I understand that this process would start somewhere from the AG permissions tab and/or the ARSAGPERMS table. But I am not sure where and how to begin it?

Any assistance will be appreciated. Please let me know if I haven't furnished any other required information.

Warm regards,
Abhinav

Edit: Forgot to mention: this is for CMOD on Multiplatforms v 9.0.0.3
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 06:24:31 AM by mroutlander »

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Editable Index field/values in an AppGroup
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 04:58:04 AM »
Hello,

so first don't modify the table ARSAGPERMS :-) even if you could find out how it works, it is not supported by IBM to touch directly with some update sql commands.

That said, in order to be able to modify the index fields, you must ensure the following:
  • You have put the fields you want to update with the field type "updateable" (tab 'Field Information' in the AG)
  • The users have the permission to update the application group (tab "Permission" in the AG)

Then when both thing are done, then you can let the users change the fields.

Hope that helps.
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

mroutlander

• View Profile
Re: Editable Index field/values in an AppGroup
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 06:07:11 AM »
Wow! That was easy  8) 8)
Thanks a lot, Alessandro!!