Author Topic: Update multiple Field with 1 arsdoc Update  (Read 4559 times)

yousuf_gani

Update multiple Field with 1 arsdoc Update
« on: September 05, 2016, 09:48:36 AM »
Hi
1st QUERY
I used the ARSDOC Update with -n to Update the Document filed. It works perfectly for Single Field but when I want to Update multiple fields it not working
Is there any wrong with my command  please help and correct me

Command Used :
arsdoc update -h <ODInst> -u <User> -p <path to stash> -G "<AG name>" -f "<Folder name>" -v -n "EXPIRE_DATE='2016-09-06' REC_STATUS='3'" -i "WHERE CLIENT_ID='001'"

Getting belo wError
2016-09-05 17:36:03.282265: ARS6068I Updating 1 documents with EXPIRE_DATE=2016-09-06' REC_STATUS='3
2016-09-05 17:36:03.282389: ARS6089E Update unsuccessful
2016-09-05 17:36:03.282408: ARS2120E '2016-09-06' REC_STATUS='3' is invalid for 'EXPIRE_DATE'.  A date/time in the range '0001-01-01' to '9999-12-31' is required.  Note that 2-digit years less than 70 are interpreted as year 20nn.

Please help with the actual  command to update multiple FIELDS.

2nd Query
For Expiration TYPE = DOCUMENT.

-When I ran the "arsmaint" with -d option to DELETE the Document from TSM and CACHE for the FIELD set as "EXPIRY_DATE", it not working to Delete either from DB/CACHE or even from TSM.
-Please help how to expire the document for the EXPIRATION TYPE set as "DOCUMENT", and
-Let me know what is the value to set for the DB_EXP_DATE as If set the value as 1, it only deletes from DB not Object from CACHE/TSM?

Command Used :
arsmaint -d -I <ODInst> -u <User> -p <path to stash> -G "<AG name>"  -n 0 -x 0
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 04:31:12 AM by yousuf_gani »

Justin Derrick

• IBM Content Manager OnDemand Consultant
  • Administrator
  • CMOD Guru for hire...
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Consulting
Re: Update multiple Field with 1 arsdoc Update
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 05:35:13 AM »
1st:
In your first example, you either need a comma (",") between the parameters, or multiple -n options, each with one field and one value specified.

Also, you probably don't need quotes around a numeric value in "REC_STATUS='3'" if the field in a numeric type.

2nd:
Expiration is working as designed.  Check the documentation regarding the Document expiration type again.  Only 'Load' expiration type will remove objects from the cache/TSM.

-JD.

IBM CMOD Professional Services: http://TenaciousConsulting.com
Call:  +1-866-533-7742  or  eMail:  jd@justinderrick.com
IBM CMOD Wiki:  https://CMOD.wiki/
FREE IBM CMOD Education & Webinars:  https://CMOD.Training/

Interests: #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #TSM #SP #Performance #Security #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR

yousuf_gani

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 05:51:31 AM »
Thanks a lot for your Swift reply

For the 1query, I tried Comma it didn't work but as you suggested additional -n parameter worked.

For the 2nd Query, How to DELETE/EXPIRE the DOCUMENT from TSM if we don't set the EXPIRATION TYPE as LOAD. As TSM is waiting for the Event based Trigger Ondemand(ARCHIVE RENTENTON ON).

As our requirement
1) Archive the Customer document for as many years
2) When the Customer is Inactive set the Expiration date for the Documents related to that Customer and delete it when the Expiration is reached.
How this requirement can be achieved with LOAD expiration type.
Could you Please help, it will be so helpful/

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 06:41:45 AM »
Thanks a lot for your Swift reply

For the 1query, I tried Comma it didn't work but as you suggested additional -n parameter worked.

For the 2nd Query, How to DELETE/EXPIRE the DOCUMENT from TSM if we don't set the EXPIRATION TYPE as LOAD. As TSM is waiting for the Event based Trigger Ondemand(ARCHIVE RENTENTON ON).

As our requirement
1) Archive the Customer document for as many years
2) When the Customer is Inactive set the Expiration date for the Documents related to that Customer and delete it when the Expiration is reached.
How this requirement can be achieved with LOAD expiration type.
Could you Please help, it will be so helpful/

You simply cannot out of the box... you need to script something. Either you use the help of the CMOD module called ERM (Enhanced Retention Management), or you do something totally custom.

Here are possible implementation, one with ERM, and one without:

1) With ERM
   a) Put the documents you want to keep, with a hold (either implicit hold or explicit hold)
   b) when the documents needs to expire (you need to do a search for all impacted documents), then you remove the holds for these documents, and here you can use ODWEK Java API (method: ODFolder.HoldReleaseHits(...) or ODFolder.ImpliedHoldReleaseHits(...))   or you can use the command arsdoc  ->   arsdoc hold_release ...
   c) let arsadmin -d run

2) without ERM
   a) you need to have a technical field for it. something like "status" and the default could be 0 (= do not delete), and 1 is to be deleted.
   b) the day you want to delete documents, you put 1 in the field of the document to be deleted (with a arsadmin update command for example).
   c) then per loadID, in your AG, you need to check if you have documents that contains at least one 1 in your technical field, or a percentage high enough of 1 (maybe 80+%)
   d) when you have the list of load id that needs to be handled, then you loop through them and do the following:
      A) export all documents for that loadID that contains 0 in the technical field (arsdoc get -c -gN ...)
      B) do a arsload from the document you got in A)
      C) when A) and B) are successfull, then do an unload of the LoadID
  e) take a cup of coffee, because it might take a while :-D

Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

yousuf_gani

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 09:12:06 AM »
Hi Alessandro

Thanks a lot  for the detailed Instruction, I will check with the Option 1.
I need to check whether the ERM module is default available with our product version 9.5.0.1

Thaks again,

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2016, 12:09:29 PM »
Hi Alessandro

Thanks a lot  for the detailed Instruction, I will check with the Option 1.
I need to check whether the ERM module is default available with our product version 9.5.0.1

Please upgrade ASAP ... you must get away from V9.5.0.1 it is really not a good version, it contains bugs with TSM... and maybe other critical bugs...
Please stay away from 9.5.0.1....

concerning ERM, if you didn't buy the option... then you don't have it.
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

yousuf_gani

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2016, 04:45:57 AM »
Hi Aless,
Thanks for your suggestion...
We are planning to Updagrade to 9.5.0.6 is that OK? and the TSM 7.1.1.* is Compatible with this version?

Where I can get the compatibility Matrix for CMOD Server, CMOD Clinet and TSM Please suggest.

Thanks
Mohd Yousuf gani

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2016, 03:21:16 PM »
Hi Aless,
Thanks for your suggestion...
We are planning to Updagrade to 9.5.0.6 is that OK? and the TSM 7.1.1.* is Compatible with this version?

Where I can get the compatibility Matrix for CMOD Server, CMOD Clinet and TSM Please suggest.

Thanks
Mohd Yousuf gani

Yousuf please read the release notes from CMOD.
You have a nice website for that:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27043162
Alessandro Perucchi