Author Topic: Question on arsload and pdf indexer  (Read 1977 times)

kbsiva

Question on arsload and pdf indexer
« on: October 20, 2016, 10:22:41 AM »
Folks -  I have a object server and library server. My question is if I invoke the arsload command from object server then  will the pdf indexer libraries be used from object server or library server.

Thanks
Siva

Ed_Arnold

• View Profile
Re: Question on arsload and pdf indexer
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 10:48:17 AM »
Folks -  I have a object server and library server. My question is if I invoke the arsload command from object server then  will the pdf indexer libraries be used from object server or library server.

From the object server.

This is demonstrated by how, starting with V9.5, you can only load PDFs to z/OS from (for example) Windows, because the PDF libraries are not available on z/OS. 

Ed
#zOS #ODF

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Question on arsload and pdf indexer
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 03:15:27 AM »
In order to use PDF indexer it must be installed where you want to use it (either object server, library server or even a remote location).
Be careful with you licenses, because you might be limited on how many PDF indexer you might install.
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML