Author Topic: CMOD Issue while retrieving documents in navigator  (Read 1947 times)

MHassan

• View Profile
CMOD Issue while retrieving documents in navigator
« on: September 10, 2020, 02:41:22 AM »
Hello,

Can anyone help me if faced this issue , after configured CMOD with Navigator and i connected to the repository and created a desktop in navigator , while i try to retrieve documents in navigator it don't retrieve the documents but it retrieve the documents normal in CMOD client , the CMOD administrator client is installed on windows environment while the navigator is installed on AIX server and the CMOD server itself is installed in another server on AIX also but different from the server that navigator is installed on it , And when i try to check my sysOut.log and sysErr.log no error appeared in logs ,

So anyone can help me with this issue ?

CMOD-user

• View Profile
Re: CMOD Issue while retrieving documents in navigator
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 01:17:15 PM »
On your CMOD server, check the www directory. When you deploy Navigator, you require to place that path, where navigator finds the odwek related jar files. Also, the Navigator will be looking for some env. variables when you start. Since your server for CMOD is installed on a different AIX machine than the navigator, how do you think of handling it? One thing you can do, in a non-production environment is always keep the version same, but go ahead and install the CMOD also on your Navigator system, that will lay down the path and binaries. You can use them. However, connecting to CMOD, you will use the configured CMOD system from navigator.
          Again, this is to let you bypass those error to access the documents. You will have 2 CMOD, one to provide resource to Navigator, another is your with real data.
         Better option is to install both in the same box, much simpler.
P.S. Follow the default paths for installation, less hiccups.