Author Topic: Deploy Content Navigator 3.0.11 container and configure for OnDemand ICN config?  (Read 1068 times)

robert.barringer

• View Profile
I'm trying to follow this document - Deploying IBM Content Navigator
in a container - https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/system/files/inline-files/IBMContentNavigatorContainer_2.pdf.   The introduction includes: This document provides steps for configuring and deploying an IBM Content Navigator (ICN) container.
Some of the steps that are involved contain terminology, parameters or values that are not related to IBM
Content Manager (CM8) and Content Manager OnDemand (CMOD). However, the steps are essential for
the deployment and need to be included. The steps that can be ignored are identified.
An LDAP server is required for the container deployment. LDAP is not required for CM8 and CMOD servers.
This requirement is planned to be made optional or removed for these servers in a future version of the
ICN container product.
In this document, content services container is used to indicate the ICN container. The references are
made to any containerized software that provides content services.

The yaml section also alludes fo CMOD - sc_deployment_type Set the value to "demo" for an
evaluation deployment, "nonproduction" or "production".
Set the value to demo for an
evaluation deployment, and
enterprise for CM8, CMOD,
and P8.
Note: If you set the value to
"demo", Db2® Universal Container
and OpenLDAP instances are
created as part of the installation.
If the value is set to "demo", you
must also set the
sc_dynamic_storage_classname parameter.

My question is - am I on the right track in assuming that once I configure the "operator" and ldeploy the FNCM image I will be able to point to my content manager on demand repository?

Has anyone used this document and the ICN_3.0.11_LNX_CONT_ML.tgz passport advantage download for an OnDemand ICN deployment?

Also, If I am on the right track so far, I'm trying to deploy to a "podman/kind" Kubernetes environment.   Any thought, suggestions on that?   Thanks for any help here.