Author Topic: CMOD 7.1.2.14 stable? eclient compatiblilty?  (Read 4634 times)

Shannan

• View Profile
CMOD 7.1.2.14 stable? eclient compatiblilty?
« on: March 02, 2010, 01:45:33 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has had any issues with the fp 14 for 7.1.2?  Also, trying to find compatibility definition for the CM eclient - ie we have cm 8.3 fp 9 on all of our CM servers, any problems with OD being at 7.1.2.14 and using the eclient for viewing? 

Justin Derrick

• IBM Content Manager OnDemand Consultant
  • Administrator
  • CMOD Guru for hire...
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Consulting
Re: CMOD 7.1.2.14 stable? eclient compatiblilty?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 07:35:22 AM »
Hey Shannan...

The only real test of compatibility is promoting this version through successive test 'regions' - Dev -> QA -> UAT -> Production.

If you want to know which bugs were fixed in a particular patch level, check out the 'ReadMe' docs for newer versions to see what was patched.  You can find the readme's for each particular version on the IBM FTP site:

For example, this is the readme for 8.4.0.0, the next version of CMOD that was released:
  ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/software/ondemand/fixes/v840/8.4.0.0/readme.txt

If you scan through the doc, it lists the changes made and APARs patched from the prior version(s).

As a General FYI, the client access API for CMOD doesn't change much from version to version -- it's the Admin API that can change drastically when new features or functionality is added to new versions.

Good luck!
IBM CMOD Professional Services: http://TenaciousConsulting.com
Call:  +1-866-533-7742  or  eMail:  jd@justinderrick.com
IBM CMOD Wiki:  https://CMOD.wiki/
FREE IBM CMOD Education & Webinars:  https://CMOD.Training/

Interests: #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #TSM #SP #Performance #Security #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 06:59:19 AM »
Just wondering if anyone has had any issues with the fp 14 for 7.1.2?  Also, trying to find compatibility definition for the CM eclient - ie we have cm 8.3 fp 9 on all of our CM servers, any problems with OD being at 7.1.2.14 and using the eclient for viewing? 

Hello,

I have by a customer installed the version 8.4.1.2 (meaning between 7.1.2.12 and 7.1.2.13 if I'm not wrong with this funny numbering schema!), and the customer was using eClient 8.4 / WEBi 1.0.3 with CM 8.3 FP6 on z/OS and CMOD 8.4.1 also on z/OS. And everything was working (even if in all pre-req it was always said that they needed at least CM 8.3 FP7.

Just be aware that eClient version >= 8.4 the connector for CMOD is deprecated. You can still use it, it works with ODWEK 8.3, 8.4, 8.4.1, but I'm not sure that the next release of eClient (8.4.2 or 8.5) will still support it completely, I hope so, but I'm not 100% sure.

So between CMOD 7.1.2.12, that I have tested and 7.2.1.14, there are differences (fixes), but not that much.

In in all as Justin so rightfully suggested,

" The only real test of compatibility is promoting this version through successive test 'regions' - Dev -> QA -> UAT -> Production. "

Hope this helps,

Best regards,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

Shannan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 05:49:05 AM »
all seems to work ok - not hit any problems with this in test yet.  Thank you both for your replies!  It's nice to have people who monitor it and respond!