Author Topic: Error while installing CMOD 8.4.1.0  (Read 3357 times)

waytec

• View Profile
Error while installing CMOD 8.4.1.0
« on: March 09, 2010, 07:48:45 AM »
I am getting an error stating that I must first install OD 8.4.0.0 before installing OD 8.4.1.0.  The thing is, I am running 8.4.0.3 on this server.  This is a test box and I did not get this error when installing 8.4.1.0 on outr production box.  Anyone have any suggestions.  Thanks guys.  ???
Wayne Henderson
Sr. Server Systems Engineer

Justin Derrick

• IBM Content Manager OnDemand Consultant
  • Administrator
  • CMOD Guru for hire...
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Consulting
Re: Error while installing CMOD 8.4.1.0
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 07:59:58 AM »
There are two types of installation packages -- upgrades, and base levels.

The ones you pull from the IBM FTP site are all upgrades -- which require the installation of a base-level first.

If you get the 8.4.1.0 Installer from a media kit, it'll be a base level installer -- and it won't have any requisites.

If you get the 8.4.1.0 Installer from the IBM FTP site, you'll need to have a base level installer for 8.4.0.0.

It's hard to imagine that someone would pirate CMOD, but this is one way that IBM protects against it.

-JD.
IBM CMOD Professional Services: http://TenaciousConsulting.com
Call:  +1-866-533-7742  or  eMail:  jd@justinderrick.com
IBM CMOD Wiki:  https://CMOD.wiki/
FREE IBM CMOD Education & Webinars:  https://CMOD.Training/

Interests: #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #TSM #SP #Performance #Security #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Error while installing CMOD 8.4.1.0
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 04:06:08 PM »
I am getting an error stating that I must first install OD 8.4.0.0 before installing OD 8.4.1.0.  The thing is, I am running 8.4.0.3 on this server.  This is a test box and I did not get this error when installing 8.4.1.0 on outr production box.  Anyone have any suggestions.  Thanks guys.  ???

Hello Waytec,

Am I understanding correctly? You have a server with CMOD 8.4.0.3 already installed, and you want to install the version 8.4.1.0 upgrade fileset, and it tells you that he don't find it, and you must first install the version 8.4.0.0 before upgrading?

On which platform are you? Unix (AIX, Linux, HP, Solaris) or Windows?

From my own experience, in unix you could copy the directory from another server (... meaning not installing with the install software provided ...), and some system files will not be updated (ODM in AIX, rpm in Linux, pkg in solaris, ...) and everything will work without any problems.

The problem will be by updating. Then the installer will be lost, and will think you never installed the product.

If this is the case, then the only solution will be as Justin suggested, to get the base level package for CMOD (8.4.0.0 in your example) and then upgrade it to 8.4.1.0. Or better, get the 8.4.1.0 base level, and install it.
But before doing this install, make sure to backup the ars.ini, just in case!!!

For Windows, I have never experienced that, so cannot tell... but in that case, install the base level 8.4.0.0 or 8.4.1.0.

Good luck,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML