Author Topic: eclient and afp viewing  (Read 3998 times)

Shannan

eclient and afp viewing
« on: March 14, 2010, 11:01:55 AM »
Is anyone using the eclient to view afp reports in either CMOD or CM?  I am able to launch the AFP Workbench Viewer, but I thought there was a way to have the afp actually display in the browser with the AFP viewer shipped with the eclient, documentation on this is pretty vague.  Have talked to IBM about it in the past, but the person I talked with didn't have much first hand knowledge of how to do this. 

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
Re: eclient and afp viewing
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 01:15:45 AM »
Hello Shannan,

I don't know if you have already seen this :

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/cmgmt/v8r4m0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.eclient.doc/dcmem017.htm

But it explains how to setup the AFP Viewer for a web browser experience.

From my experience with WEBi and ODWEK, I know the AFP plugin should be installed in the user workstation... but by reading these instructions, it seems you need to install it on the server itself.
Best would be to have a test server, and test!

Good luck,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

Shannan

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 05:46:15 AM »
thanks for your response!  I think that's the problem I'm hitting - I put in on my test server thinking it would download to the workstation like the other applets, but as I've looked at it, I think it's more like the AFP Workbench Viewer (or similar) where you install it on the workstation.  I'll try that - glad it wasn't me that read the instructions that way - even the IBM rep I worked with was pointing me to the server.  Thanks again for your reply! 

Shannan

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 06:52:55 AM »
Alessandro, do you know what I'd set my IDMadminDefaults.properties to for afp then? 

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 07:55:45 AM »
Alessandro, do you know what I'd set my IDMadminDefaults.properties to for afp then? 

Shannan,

try something like

application/afp=launch               (This one use plugin installed on the user workstation)

or

application/afp=applet                (This one use the internal eClient viewer)

Having not really much experience with AFP, the only thing I can say is try...
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

Shannan

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 10:54:33 AM »
looks like it's a launched app - was thinking it was an applet addin the way it was described and from IBM's past recommendations.  Looks like we'll have to deploy it to our users.  Thanks again for the help!  It's very appreciated!