Author Topic: Loading individual tiff images within a multi page tiff!  (Read 6055 times)

JHorne

Loading individual tiff images within a multi page tiff!
« on: December 07, 2006, 10:21:24 AM »
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can help.

I currently have a requirement to load and archive several thousand Tiff images an hour into an OnDemand server running on AIX.

The tiff images will be contained within one large Tiff file containing around 40,000 individual tiff images. The single tiff image will arrive with a corresponding XML file every 30 minutes or so, detailing the individual images located within the large tiff image.

In order to load this file I will obviously need to generate the required Generic Index file for OnDemand, based on the XML details, which is fine however, I will need to find the offset and length of each individual image within the large tiff image.

Has anyone out there done this before??? Or dose anyone know of any software products that could identify the offset and length of each individual image, contained within a single tiff image???

Any help would be most appreciated?

Many thanks

James.

Bill Dennis

Re: Loading individual tiff images within a multi page tiff!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 02:52:58 PM »
We told our Image system folks that we needed them to generate the Generic Indexer parms as text as they created the daily file.  They had the offsets/lengths available at that time.

Regards,
Bill D.

spl

Re: Loading individual tiff images within a multi page tiff!
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 04:31:33 PM »
If you can have Java resources, you can write your own API to read the pages and calculate the bytes size and offset yourself.  Pretty simple with JAI (Java Advanced Imaging API) - Presuming these are all individual pages or you know when to 'separate' one page from another.

Stephen
 8)