Author Topic: Data ingestion into CMOD  (Read 3343 times)

sandeepveldi

Data ingestion into CMOD
« on: June 04, 2010, 01:50:51 PM »
Hi All,
I'm aware that the ars api, ODWEK Java API can be used for content ingestion into CMOD. I'm trying to find out if the IBM Content Integrator (ICI) or the IBM Content Collector (ICC) can be used for data ingestion into CMOD. Any help on this is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Sandeep Veldi

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Data ingestion into CMOD
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 09:37:46 PM »
Hello Sandeep,

Have you looked at that page http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/ce/v8r5/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.discovery.ci.nav.doc/iiypcenv_appdev_cont.htm ?

or this redbook? http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg247742.html?Open

you can do lots of things, and maybe one of the api can help in storing documents (I don't have the Javadoc to read them, do you?)

Kind regards,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

sandeepveldi

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 10:58:51 AM »
Alessandro,
Thanks for your response. I had a look at the Redbook, but there's no straight forward reference of ICI being used for the data ingestion into CMOD. In one section, it's mentioned that the ICI has the capability to "Create" & "Store" using the repository specific connectors. In another section, it's mentioned that ICI has connector to CMOD (which is nothing but ODWEK API). But, no where it talks about data ingestion into CMOD using ICI. It's a little confusing. Unfortunately I don't have the Java API of ICI :(

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 02:52:36 AM »
Hello Sandeep,

If nobody can answer you on that topic here, may I suggest you to open a PMR to IBM and just ask this question?
Sometimes it helps :-)

Kind regards,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML