Author Topic: How to send a file name in argument with STDIN  (Read 2358 times)

plb3945

How to send a file name in argument with STDIN
« on: September 03, 2010, 05:16:08 AM »
Hello,

I would like to know how to send a file name in argument by STDIN (in Job Control Language).
I need to send a file name in a JCL code from the STDIN to an unix directory (in Shell code). I explain my problem: I have 51 g?n?ric applications to create for CMOD. They are several files .txt an .tar in the same unix directory at the same time to indexe and load CMOD. Do you have a solution to resolve this problem? At the moment we have a shell to rename the name of txt in a generic name. This name is the application name which is use in a g?n?ric shell indexer.
Thank for your help
Best regards
Philippe

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: How to send a file name in argument with STDIN
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 03:11:53 AM »
Hello Philippe,

Well I don't know z/OS, but in the Unix realm, I would do something like:

Generic indexer only.

- In a config file I will save the different application group / application that I need to use
- When a file arrive, then I create a generic index with the index I need
- Archive the document with generic index
- Put the archived file in a DONE folder (or delete it if it was correctly archived)
- Put the archived file in FAILED folder if it was not correctly archived.

If you need to use ACIF / PDF indexer (I have never used that suggestion!)

- In a config file I will save the different application group / application that I need to use
- When a file arrive, then I create an index with the option -i from arsload
- Add the index you want in this index.
- Archive the document with the new index.
- Put the archived file in a DONE folder (or delete it if it was correctly archived)
- Put the archived file in FAILED folder if it was not correctly archived.

Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML