Author Topic: System Log User Exit  (Read 3316 times)

GABRIELA

System Log User Exit
« on: September 03, 2010, 05:14:16 PM »
I need to show in the system log the hostname of each user that connects to OnDemand. Think it would be fine as the accounting information as it doesn?t have any information now.
Has anybody done something similar?
Any suggestions?

Thank you!
Regards,

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: System Log User Exit
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 03:05:30 AM »
Hello Gabriela,

I am maybe wrong, but the system Log tells you the IP of the user. Is this not enough?

Of course, if you are connecting through a web interface (WEBi, ...) or the ODWEK Interface, then you will receive the host where ODWEK is doing the connection and not directly the user IP address.
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

GABRIELA

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 02:19:15 PM »
Thanks, Alessandro, but I don?t get the ip address in the system log. Although, I need the hostname because ip addresses are dynamic.
We are just using the client to connect

wwwalton

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 05:36:44 AM »
I have the 'User Exit Logging' turned on in System Parameters and get the Logins/Logoffs (Msg#30,32).  This provides the IP address and DNS name.
-walt

GABRIELA

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 08:46:43 AM »
I?ll try that! thanks