Author Topic: Delete AG with no data, when OD thinks it has data  (Read 3722 times)

Vadim V N

• System Engineer at Kuehne + Nagel
    • View Profile
Delete AG with no data, when OD thinks it has data
« on: October 13, 2010, 02:23:55 AM »
Hi,

I found out an interesting problem when tried to delete one of old Application Groups, which was migrated to our system from another several years ago.

Problem is following.
1. When trying to delete AG from admin client, in deletion confirmation msgbox it shows that AG still has documents in it.
2. When comparing lists of loaded files load_id's to unloaded, it shows that all loaded files were unloaded.
3. Looking at AG table (the one named by AGID_NAME) I see that table exists and it is empty.
4. ARSSEG table shows that for table above number of inserted rows is greater than number of deleted rows. Difference matches number in point 1.

My question is if anybody already encountered same problem and if there are recommendations on how to get it solved.
I'm thinking of trying to update DEL_ROWS value in ARSSEG so it matches INS_ROWS value, then delete AG table, then try to delete AG from admin client again.
But before trying it I'd like to check if somebody already got and solved same issue.

OD version 8.4.1.2, DB2 v9.5.400.xxx

Thanks in advance!

pankaj.puranik

• View Profile
Re: Delete AG with no data, when OD thinks it has data
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 03:10:44 AM »
Hi Vadim

Deleting rows from Db2 would be the last thing you should do (actually you should never do it .. :))
I had a similar issue not with CMOD but with Anacomp (Another report indexing tool).
We ended up removing rows from the Sybase (Anacomp) tables.

Let's see if you get some suggestions from experts here.

Cheers
Pankaj.

Justin Derrick

• IBM Content Manager OnDemand Consultant
  • Administrator
  • CMOD Guru for hire...
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Consulting
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 06:52:51 AM »
The solution really depends on how important it is to find out WHY you're seeing the discrepancy. 

If it's VERY important to find out why there is a 1-record discrepancy, then you'll need to examine your System Logs and try to determine where the problem is.

If it's NOT important, just delete the Application Group.  If you confirm that you want to delete it, it will delete the AG, and there's no reason to worry about it.

-JD.
IBM CMOD Professional Services: http://TenaciousConsulting.com
Call:  +1-866-533-7742  or  eMail:  jd@justinderrick.com
IBM CMOD Wiki:  https://CMOD.wiki/
FREE IBM CMOD Education & Webinars:  https://CMOD.Training/

Interests: #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #TSM #SP #Performance #Security #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR

Vadim V N

• System Engineer at Kuehne + Nagel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 07:54:21 AM »
pankaj.puranik
Deleting rows from Db2 would be the last thing you should do
It's no problem to delete anything until you know what you are doing. (:

Justin

If or rather when I get enough time for this type of data mining I will definitely do this, as for this moment I already found 3 such Application Groups. They all were imported from another system, so hopefully problem is inherited from there, but I want to be shure.

As to deletion, it is actually a problem too. When I confirm I get this message: "Server failed while accessing application Group Data. Contact your system administrator."
Thus I feel I need to get to the root cause and manually clean out the mess.

sandeepveldi

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 11:51:03 AM »
The error "Server failed while accessing application Group Data. Contact your system administrator." usually occurs when the TSM node password used in the CMOD storage set configuration expired or if the storage node that's being referred in the storage set no longer exists on the TSM side. You should check with your TSM administrator to check both of these things.

Regards,
Sandeep Veldi :)

pankaj.puranik

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 11:15:34 PM »
Hi

I am new to TSM and reading some redbooks to get information on TSM.
This is what it saya :

"Remember to set ARCHDELETE=yes for the client node on the Tivoli Storage Manager server. If this is not set, you will experience errors when you try to delete the application groups or unload data from ondemand."

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Pankaj.