Author Topic: Specify obj server using arsload?  (Read 3310 times)

RHPharr

Specify obj server using arsload?
« on: February 16, 2011, 06:04:49 AM »
We run multiple obj servers (4) to 1 lib server.  I thought there was some talk about being able to run arsload remotely and being able to specify which obj server to use.  Has that been implemented yet?  If so, with which version?  What syntax?

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Specify obj server using arsload?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 06:13:25 AM »
Hello,

well I haven't run CMOD on more than 1 Object Server with a Library server in 2 separated servers.
From what I know, is that each object server must be defined in a Storage Set. And this storage set must be given to an application group.

Meaning, that if you want to choose to which Object server you data will go, you need to choose the correct Application Group with the correct Storage Set pointing to the Object Server you need.

So no option for arsload, but merely a Datamodel concept to have.

I might be wrong, but I don't see other way to do it...

Maybe with arsadmin, but I'm not proficient in that tool for that kind of enhanced thing...

Cheers,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

Justin Derrick

• IBM Content Manager OnDemand Consultant
  • Administrator
  • CMOD Guru for hire...
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Consulting
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 01:17:38 AM »
I'm fairly certain this only works when you have both the library and object server on one machine.  When you specify the hostname (-h) from a remote machine, it logs into the library server, and as far as I know, there isn't a way to specify an object server remotely.

But really, you achieve this 'distributed loading' via your use multiple Object Servers...  I think if you want to scale up your load performance, it might be time to add another Object server.

-JD.
IBM CMOD Professional Services: http://TenaciousConsulting.com
Call:  +1-866-533-7742  or  eMail:  jd@justinderrick.com
IBM CMOD Wiki:  https://CMOD.wiki/
FREE IBM CMOD Education & Webinars:  https://CMOD.Training/

Interests: #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #TSM #SP #Performance #Security #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 08:56:25 AM »
Hello Justin,

I had with a customer a library and an object server in 2 differents physical server.
And after 5 years, we merge them together because the object server was used at less than 5% CPU at all time...

But I've never used it with more than 1 object server.

Cheers,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML