Author Topic: arsload -b & -B options for PDF load  (Read 5244 times)

sandeepveldi

arsload -b & -B options for PDF load
« on: February 16, 2011, 08:31:13 AM »
Hi,
We have requirement of loading PDF files. Instead of going through PDF indexer we are planning to use the indexing based on the name of the PDF files. There are going to be 2 indexes and 1 segmentation date field. I'm trying to figure out is it possible to define multiple index values in the load file name.
If some one already did this, can you please let me know the process to do it? Also, is this process of loading files using the -b & -B options helpful only in an environment where arsload is running as a daemon proces?

Thanks in advance,
Sandeep Veldi

run8

Re: arsload -b & -B options for PDF load
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 09:36:18 AM »
Hi,
We have requirement of loading PDF files. Instead of going through PDF indexer we are planning to use the indexing based on the name of the PDF files.

I've done this in the past by writing a shell script that creates a generic indexer file from a directory listing of the PDF files (parsing the file names based on a separator character.) The filenames were in the form:  accountno.doctype.branchid.yyyymmdd.version.pdf or similar.

...John Reay

sandeepveldi

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 01:56:50 PM »
John,
Thanks for your response. Yes we have some application groups, which use generic indexer and parsing name for index values. Where as in this specific case, we are trying to use the new feature introduced with 8.4.1 for indexing based on load file name.

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 02:22:38 PM »
Hello Sandeep,

Just be aware that you can use the -B parameter or the -g and -a parameters combined but cannot use all three of them together. If you specify the -B parameter, you identify the application group name and the application name as parts of the filename.

I've been playing with that a few month ago (well nearly one year!) and it was really confusing, and in the documentation of CMOD 8.5 they are more explicit about this point.
The only thing I don't remember is, if you can put several indexes. like:

Code: [Select]
arsload -b field1 -b field2 -b field3 -B "APP.AG.IDX.IDX.IDX.YY.MM.EXT" -u user -p password -vfn <file>
Could be interesting to try it.

Cheers,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

sandeepveldi

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 02:31:23 PM »
Alessandro,
I tried using multiple indexes similar to the one that you mentioned below. But, it failed with the following error

> arsload -b "MRN" -B "AG.IDX.IGN.EXT" -u admin -p <passwd> -v abcd_POC.1234567891122244.02162011.PDF
arsload: Processing file >abcd_POC.1234567891122244.02162011.PDF<

arsload: Unable to add another index field to the data.  Data may be fully-composed or otherwise already indexed.
arsload: Processing failed for file >abcd_POC.1234567891122244.02162011.PDF<
arsload: Processing has stopped.  The remaining files will NOT be processed.

It looks like these options can be used only with ACIF & PDF indexers. I didn't understand why we need additional indexing, when the whole concept for indexing based on name is to have some generic behavior.

Trambak

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 08:39:44 AM »
Multiple Indexes cannot be used with the file name. Also it can only be used with ACIF or PDF indexer. Atleast one index needs to be specified from the Indexing Information in the Application properties.