Author Topic: Usage bug in 8.4.0.3 Client.  (Read 3156 times)

LWagner

Usage bug in 8.4.0.3 Client.
« on: March 04, 2011, 10:23:49 AM »
I am idenitifying a usage bug in the 8.4.1.5 client, and may or not have been carried forward to other versions.

We are just about to distribute it for the 8.4.0.3 server, since we are still on DB2 8.1 .

The bug concerns keyboard and calendar pop-up behavior in a folder. If the user open a calendar pop-up, then closes it and presses Enter, the calendar pop-up opens again.

I think when a user does this sequence, he does not expect the calendar, the user expects CMOD to start a document search.  I asked one of my heavy users, opening hundreds of docs a day, and that person agreed that the proper application behavior, or what she would expect, is document search, not pop-up open.

This should hold true for a single date range, or for a from/to with two calendars.  Forced click to open them, but keyboard "Enter" activates the Search is, IMHO, proper application behavior.

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Usage bug in 8.4.0.3 Client.
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 04:05:40 AM »
Hello,

Well in that case, the proper way to handle such Bug of usage would be to open a PMR.
With luck, it will be identified as such, and we'll get the correction in some future release.

Cheers,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML