Author Topic: Admin API, for example adding a user  (Read 3199 times)

PasiPK

Admin API, for example adding a user
« on: March 15, 2011, 03:03:41 AM »
Hello, 

I have tried to find  API for user administration functions.
There is command ARSXML, but is has to be run in z/OS (batch or in USS).

OnDemand server is running in zOS, but the system running company user administration is running in another machine (probably Linux).
Ideally a customer programmed  java admin program running in this Linux should be able to handle adding a user, changing a user etc.
But it looks like this function does not exist in OnDemand API. Right?

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Admin API, for example adding a user
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 05:50:41 AM »
Hello,

Well that is an infortunate story... IBM has delivered with ODWEK from version 8.4.0 (if I'm not wrong) until 8.4.1.X the Administrator API, and then declare it deprecated.
And now it is not even part of the new OnDemand 8.5.

So this to tell you the following, you want to use remote administration of CMOD (User, etc...), then here are your possibilities:

• Write a JAVA Wrapper on top of ARSXML on your Unix/Linux box, and then write a program on top of it (it means install the CMOD Server to have the client command line in the Unix/Linux Box)
  • Use a Windows Box (VM or physical) to install CMOD Admin Client
  • Use Wine (>1.3.10) in order to install/use CMOD Admin Client (at least until version 8.4.1.X it was working, maybe with the latest Wine version 8.5 might work) (Not an IBM supported solution, even if it works :-D)

I know no other way to do what you want except with these 3 possibilities (I know a 4th one, but I don't want to specify it in this open forum, as it will give some fear to some people... and in all cases, it wouldn't be an IBM supported solution).

Maybe somebody has some other ideas, that I've missed.

Cheers,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML