Author Topic: Ocassional Load Failures that load successfuly when resubmitted  (Read 6037 times)

rstockton

We ocassionally get a load failure that loads successfully when resubmitted (We resubmit by going into the load directory and removing the .failed from the ARD file).  Following is the error information from the system log relating to the failure.

arsload: 04/06/11 16:40:45 -- Loading started, --UNKNOWN-- bytes to process
OnDemand Load Id = >5230-20-0-698844FAA-15071-15071<
An error occurred.  Contact your System Administrator and/or consult the System Log.  File=arsadmp.c, Line=1137
Unable to store the object >698844FAAA<.  Object size 24577
Loaded 0 rows into the database
arsload: 04/06/11 16:40:46 Loading failed

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could cause this?

Thanks,

RS

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Ocassional Load Failures that load successfuly when resubmitted
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 10:32:55 AM »
Hello,

did you check the "System Log" for any messages around your failed load?
I mean, is there also something with TSM (ANS* messages) or any cache problems...?

Cheers,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

rstockton

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 09:34:35 AM »
I have checked the system log and have not seen anything unusal happening at the time of the load failures.

Thanks,

RS

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 11:54:00 PM »
On what kind of system are working with?

I have a customer, and with Solaris and TSM... he had such behaviour from time to time, and we found out that sometime TSM on Solaris has *X-Files music* some strange and mysterious bugs...

*Fading of the X-Files music....*

So maybe, it would be worth to check the TSM logs to see if you have some messages, that might have not been transmitted to CMOD.

Cheers,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

Justin Derrick

• IBM Content Manager OnDemand Consultant
  • Administrator
  • CMOD Guru for hire...
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Consulting
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 05:25:08 AM »
Hi Guys...

Russell's CMOD instance is on AIX.

Russell, check the TSM activity log -- you're probably exceeding some number like the number of active mounts, which if I remember correctly was already set to be quite high.

Also, it could be that a minor interruption in disk connectivity on the SAN could be causing problems.
IBM CMOD Professional Services: http://TenaciousConsulting.com
Call:  +1-866-533-7742  or  eMail:  jd@justinderrick.com
IBM CMOD Wiki:  https://CMOD.wiki/
FREE IBM CMOD Education & Webinars:  https://CMOD.Training/

Interests: #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #TSM #SP #Performance #Security #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR

rstockton

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 01:23:08 PM »
Thanks Justin.

I do not see anything that jumps out at me, but I am still reviewing the logs. 

RS

ali.arsiwala

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 02:46:48 PM »
Hi,

Were you able to find the solution for this issue? I'm getting a similar error when trying to load and resubmitting still doesn't work. We use OnDemand on AIX and use TSM for storage.

Thanks

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2011, 11:25:47 AM »
Hello Ali,

have you looked into the system log? or the TSM log? Are the permissions on the cache ok (if you use the cache of course)?

Sincerely yours,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

ali.arsiwala

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2011, 08:01:55 PM »
Hi Alessandro,

No errors in the OnDemand system log. Infact there's no entries at all for these loads. I'm yet to check the TSM logs, might get some clues there.

Thanks  :)