Author Topic: Can OnDemand's Generic Indexer support Overlays?  (Read 4439 times)

cleach

Can OnDemand's Generic Indexer support Overlays?
« on: April 08, 2011, 09:13:07 AM »
I'm running OnDemand v8.3 FP 12 on AIX 5.3 and I'm attempting to use Generic Indexes to load "Line" data (The Data Type on the "View Information" tab)

Is there any way to specify the use of an overlay using Generic Indexes?  I'm familiar with using Overlays with ACIF Indexers, but it's just not flexible enough to get one of my required index fields.  It's just my luck that the only 2 constant values I can use for Triggers are no where near my index values.  I can't define a trigger using RECORDRANGE=(5,19) where it matches the 1st non-space char in column 8.  No wild card support.

So I'm going to have to write a program to parse the file to capture all the index values and write out the index.ars.ind file with about 85,000 groups against a single file.  But of course it needs the overlay to put the report into context.

pankaj.puranik

Re: Can OnDemand's Generic Indexer support Overlays?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 01:45:41 PM »
Yes you can use overlays.
You will have to make enteries into the afp2pdf.ini, create options file and place the overlas in the correct directory that you mentioned in the options file.

I don't have exhaustive information on this but you can find this information in the ibm publib site.

cleach

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 03:51:38 PM »
So what's the option file?  I already have the overlay installed and working for use with ACIF indexers.  My problem is trying to figure out how to have the Generic Indexer reference the overlay so that documents loaded VIA Generic Indexes know to use it instead of dislplaying as line data.  And so far I've only found 2 docs with more than a passing refernce to Generic Indexes in them.

Are you suggesting that I can use the same tages in the Generic Index IND file that I can use when defining a ACIF index?

Or are you saying you enter it like this?
GROUP_FIELD_NAME:FORMDEF
GROUP_FIELD_VALUE:F1W37Z3
GROUP_FIELD_NAME:FDEFLIB
GROUP_FIELD_VALUE:/...../overlay_dir

Either way it doesn't agree with the limited documentation I can find for Generic Indexes.  It only lists 7 valid tags to use.  So option 1 looks out & the docs say the NAME must be an index field, so no luck there.

pankaj.puranik

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 09:25:33 AM »
Give your environment details where the CMOD is installed.
Are you using the afp2pdf transform?

cleach

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 01:32:19 PM »
We're runing OD 8.3 PV 12 on AIX 5.3.  The eClient uses afp2web to handle assingnig the fonts when displaying the resulting document as a PDF document.  So the afp2pdf program is at version 301g.

Here are the Overlay related tags we use when using it with ACIF Indexers.  But I can't figure out how to associate this info for Generic Indexes.  There doesn't seem a way to specify the use of external resources.
FORMDEF=F1JOLFOL
FDEFLIB=/hei/od/overlays/FOL-JOL
PAGEDEF=P1JOLFOL
PDEFLIB=/hei/od/overlays/FOL-JOL
PSEGLIB=/hei/od/overlays/FOL-JOL
OVLYLIB=/hei/od/overlays/FOL-JOL
FONTLIB=/hei/od/overlays/FOL-JOL/fonts
RESLIB=/hei/od/overlays/FOL-JOL/fonts
RESTYPE=FDEF,PSEG,OVLY,FONT
INPEXIT=/usr/lpp/ars/exits/acif/apka2e