Author Topic: What is best way to move data in an application group to another storage set?  (Read 4552 times)

jw

Once the application group is defined to associate with a storage set, it cannot be updated to use a different storage set.

Is there any way to assign a different storage set for the application group (with data loaded already)?

Thanks.

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Hello jw,

Depends on what you want exactly, but the answer is yes, you can do it.

BUT it is a manual work, and you need to be extra careful, otherwise you can lose all the links to the data you've already stored.
You need to go directly in the database, change things directly, you need to move data in TSM to the new storage set, etc...

Best regards,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

jw

Thanks Alessandro.

It sounds like to me that if I mess it up, IBM will not provide any support or may be even void any warranty.

Is there any other way that will not cause warranty and support issues from IBM?

What I am thinking  is as follows:
1.  rename the old application group
2.  arsdoc get to retrieve all the data from the renamed application group
3.  copy the definition from the renamed group back into the original application group and then define the new storage set
4.  arsload the retrieved data back into the modified application group.

Will this work?

Thanks very much.

Justin Derrick

• IBM Content Manager OnDemand Consultant
  • Administrator
  • CMOD Guru for hire...
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Consulting
Your process is good.  Depending on the size of the AG, it may take a long time.

-JD.
IBM CMOD Professional Services: http://TenaciousConsulting.com
Call:  +1-866-533-7742  or  eMail:  jd@justinderrick.com
IBM CMOD Wiki:  https://CMOD.wiki/
FREE IBM CMOD Education & Webinars:  https://CMOD.Training/

Interests: #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #TSM #SP #Performance #Security #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR

jw

Thanks JD.  Will watch out the size of the AG.

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
It sounds like to me that if I mess it up, IBM will not provide any support or may be even void any warranty.

Well not provide any support, that's not true, but probably you will be told by the Support to check with your IBM Sales.
And your IBM Sales will probably give you some contact in IBM services team, or some Business Partners, who could the job.

I am not a lawyer, but concerning voiding any warranty... not at my knowledge.
You will only lose data if you are not careful, and IBM won't be held responsible for that.

What I am thinking  is as follows:
1.  rename the old application group
2.  arsdoc get to retrieve all the data from the renamed application group
3.  copy the definition from the renamed group back into the original application group and then define the new storage set
4.  arsload the retrieved data back into the modified application group.

Will this work?

As Justin said, yes, that's the official way to do it :-)

Cheers,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

jw

Thanks Alessandro.

I think I will go with the official way. ;D