Author Topic: Installing fixpack 1 cmod client 8.5.0  (Read 3844 times)

Michel de Kraker

• View Profile
    • SYSBLOX , AIX consultancy
Installing fixpack 1 cmod client 8.5.0
« on: May 04, 2011, 05:09:27 AM »
Hi All

When i want to install cmod client version 8.5 i have 2 options:

1. install 8.5.0 and then install fixpack 1 (8.5.0.1)
2. install 8.5.0.1 without installing 8.5.0.0

Both scenarios work , but the base 8.5.0 zipfile is 92mb and the 8.5.0.1 fixpack is approx. 45mb.

So what am i missing, and what scenario is the best?

Thanks en kind regards,

Michel.

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Installing fixpack 1 cmod client 8.5.0
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 09:57:08 AM »
Hello Michel,

Normally you must install the base package (in your case 8.5.0.0), which contains the license (because you downloaded it from PA).
And then you might apply all the FixPack (which are found in the IBM Support page), which are normally without licenses.

Are you sure you can install 8.5.0.1 directly, without installing first 8.5.0.0?
Are you sure there are no files from 8.5.0.0 which were still on your system, and which gave the fixpack installation program a false-true info that 8.5.0.0 is already installed?

In all cases, if you install only the fixpack, half from the software is installed (only the parts that needs an update)... so I'm not sure you'll have the full CMOD installation with going only with step 2).

Cheers,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

Michel de Kraker

• View Profile
    • SYSBLOX , AIX consultancy
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 11:50:42 PM »
Hi Alessandro,

We did first an uninstall of CMOD 8.4 client
Then we installed 8.5.0.1 and this worked. Probably during uninstall of 8.4 there were some files left as you also suggest.

Anyway, we will update all our PC's with 8.5.0.0 first and than 8.5.0.1

Thx for your reply.

Kind Regards, Michel.

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 11:05:20 PM »
Hello Michel,

normally with CMOD client you don't need to uninstall the previous version to install the new one.
At least not from what I've seen! CMOD Client was always very nice in upgrading :-) At least with me  ;D

Cheers,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML