Author Topic: OnDemand Report Distribution  (Read 4008 times)

theinnkeeper

OnDemand Report Distribution
« on: August 24, 2011, 10:55:21 AM »
Has anybody tried running report distribution on a separate box from ondemand itself?
We have a server on aix, but for licensing reasons we want to run arsrd on a window box.

Thanks

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: OnDemand Report Distribution
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 11:51:15 PM »
Hello,

To be honest, I have never used Report Distribution, except installing it for training purpose, but in fact never really used it.

Nevertheless, by looking at the documentation, and how you need to configure it, etc... I think you must use it on the same box as OnDemand.

BUT, it doesn't mean you cannot. For example, lots of people are using PDF indexer in another box than the OnDemand server for performance reasons.
So maybe if you have a spare windows server around that does nothing, you might try to install the CMOD server components, create a remote entry to your CMOD Test/Dev environment (I assume you want to test it in Test or Dev, and NOT in Prod first!), and do all the configuration needed from that Windows box, and all the reporting.
So it's really trying by testing!

Maybe other people have other experiences... I hope someone can answer you better than me!

Cheers,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

theinnkeeper

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 11:27:58 AM »
Turned out to be easy, just had to install the ondemand binaries on the windows computer.
Then run the configuration and configure the unix server checking the "local windows box"
Create the instance as a remote library server .
goto services and configure the Report Dist service.

update arsrdprt.bat file, and make sure you have lpr.exe installed on the machine.

Ed_Arnold

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 08:26:20 AM »
I know I'm late to the party on this one, but just FYI-ing anybody who may be following that IBM fully supports ODF (which is the report distribution software) on z/OS with the Library Server on Linux...probably the other operating systems as well.
#zOS #ODF

MMoormann

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 11:52:29 AM »
Ed,

I read your reply about supporting ODF on z/OS.  We are running CMOD on z/OS, however we have installed CMOD on AIX in order to use the PDF indexer.  I would like to be able to have the print distribution done through ODF.  We are on v8.4.1.  I don't find anything in the manuals that talks about this.  Is this possible with v8.4.1 or is this someting new to v8.5?

Thanks,
Marvin

Ed_Arnold

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 02:30:20 PM »
New to 8.5. 

8.5 has been out there a while now, I recommend you jump in.  :-D
#zOS #ODF