Author Topic: CMOD Warning after Successful Loads  (Read 7474 times)

Trambak

CMOD Warning after Successful Loads
« on: December 15, 2011, 12:00:18 PM »
All
  I am facing a warning meessage after a successful load. The message is displayed on the console after every arsload command call irrespective of the load was successful ot not. Here is the error message. I am running CMOD v8.5.0.3 library server on AIX with Oracle and the object server is on Linux.

Document compression type used - OD77. Bytes Stored = >6952< Rows = >2<
arsload: 12/09/11 07:03:22 Loading completed
arsload: Processing successful for file >/prod/msp/data/ei_data/eip/cmod/File.AFP<
An error occurred. Contact your system administrator and/or consult the System Log. File=arsadmin.c, Line=2587
arsload: Unable to log load information
arsload: Processing has stopped. The remaining files will NOT be processed.

I am able to open the loaded documents from the OD Client after the load. I am also able to successfully open the System Log Message 87 and see the logs for the load. The warning is not present in there.

However when i Query System Log from the server using arsdoc get, i get the following:

===============================
12/14/11 06:34:30 : Querying database with SQL string 'WHERE (msg_num = 87) and (time_stamp BETWEEN 1323752400 and 1323838799)'
12/14/11 06:34:30 : Search successful
12/14/11 06:34:30 : 1 document(s) have been queried. Retrieving 1 document(s).
12/14/11 06:34:31 : The server failed while retrieving a document
12/14/11 06:34:31 : arsdoc completed.
===============================

From the CMOD System Log on the OD Client, Isee the following:

12/14/2011 06:34:31   ADMIN         22060   Error   No      114   Unable to open file >/prod/home01/store/eip/tmp/cmod/dodobj01/ARS.13802.000000004043A940.BULKLOG<.  The error number is 2  Srvr->rubic.kdc.capitalone.com 10.42.96.226 non-SSL<-   
12/14/2011 06:34:31   ADMIN         22060   Error   No      106   OnDemand failed unlink the file >/prod/home01/store/eip/tmp/cmod/dodobj01/ARS.13802.000000004043A940.BULKLOG<.  The error number is 2  Srvr->rubic.kdc.capitalone.com 10.42.96.226 non-SSL<-

Has anyone see such error before. I have already opened a PMR, but wanted to check with you guys also.   

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: CMOD Warning after Successful Loads
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 05:29:06 AM »
Hello Trambak,

so here is an explanation of the 2 errors you've received:

ARS0106E
OnDemand failed to unlink the file >file<. The error number is errno
Explanation:

An error occurred while this program was running.

The specified file does not exist, or the OnDemand instance owner does not have permission to access it. The errno value, which might provide additional information, resides in /usr/include/sys/errno.h on UNIX systems, /usr/include/errno.h on z/OS systems, and /QIBM/include/errno.h on i5/OS and OS/400 systems.

Example:

Unlink failed for file >/QIBM/USERDATA/ONDEMAND/QUSROND/CACHE/retr/KCA/RES/1FAA1<.  errno=3025
Srvr->rdr400m.raleigh.ibm.com 10.37.63.53<-

User response:

Verify that the file exists and that the OnDemand instance owner has permission to access it. Also verify that the link is valid. See the errno.h file for more information. If the problem persists, contact your IBM Service Representative.

The other message is

ARS0114E
Unable to open file >file_name<. errno=errno
Explanation:

The command failed when attempting to open the specified file. The errno value, which might provide additional information, resides in /usr/include/sys/errno.h on UNIX systems, /usr/include/errno.h on z/OS systems, and /QIBM/include/errno.h on i5/OS and OS/400 systems.
User response:

Verify that the file exists and that the file permissions are correct, then resubmit the command. See the errno.h file for more information. If the problem persists, contact your IBM Service Representative.

In both case,  the error code 2 means "No such file or directory".

maybe you have some permission problems... Have you check all the directories, temp directory, cache directories, ... that all your permissions are valid?

Sincerely yours,
Alessandro

Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

Trambak

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 07:20:27 AM »
Thanks Alessandro. I will start looking into it. Can you please let me know if you have any idea of the warning message I am receiving after the loads.

<b>An error occurred. Contact your system administrator and/or consult the System Log. File=arsadmin.c, Line=2587
arsload: Processing has stopped. The remaining files will NOT be processed.</b>

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 05:17:40 AM »
<b>An error occurred. Contact your system administrator and/or consult the System Log. File=arsadmin.c, Line=2587
arsload: Processing has stopped. The remaining files will NOT be processed.</b>

Well here is the problem is that you cannot log the load information... do you have enough permission on your database? Normally on DB2 you should be the instance owner... and in Oracle in the DBA group.
(Ok, in Oracle and the latest CMOD version it is possible to have less rights...). Maybe some right problems in the tablespace?

Why I'm saying that? I suspect that you cannot create a table for the System Log table...

Sincerely yours,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

Justin Derrick

• IBM Content Manager OnDemand Consultant
  • Administrator
  • CMOD Guru for hire...
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Consulting
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 08:58:44 AM »
It sounds like you don't have permissions (or the filesystem is full) in a temporary directory like /tmp or /arstmp or wherever you've configured your CMOD temporary directory.

-JD.
IBM CMOD Professional Services: http://TenaciousConsulting.com
Call:  +1-866-533-7742  or  eMail:  jd@justinderrick.com
IBM CMOD Wiki:  https://CMOD.wiki/
FREE IBM CMOD Education & Webinars:  https://CMOD.Training/

Interests: #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #TSM #SP #Performance #Security #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR

Ed_Arnold

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 10:13:37 AM »
You wouldn't be trying to load from a pre-8.4.1 system to an 8.4.1 or above system would you?

8.4.1 has enhanced logging, and it'll cause an error message (which isn't really an error) if you're trying to load to it from 8.4.0 and below.

Ed

#zOS #ODF

Mattbianco

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 03:07:50 AM »
Document compression type used - OD77. Bytes Stored = >6952< Rows = >2<
arsload: 12/09/11 07:03:22 Loading completed
arsload: Processing successful for file >/prod/msp/data/ei_data/eip/cmod/File.AFP<
An error occurred. Contact your system administrator and/or consult the System Log. File=arsadmin.c, Line=2587
arsload: Processing has stopped. The remaining files will NOT be processed.

I am able to open the loaded documents from the OD Client after the load.

I have the same problem, on Multiplatform:
Code: [Select]
Load Version <8.5.0.3> Operating System <AIX> <6.1>
Server Version <8.5.0.3> Operating System <AIX> <6.1> Database <DB2> <09.07.0003>
07/20/12 10:32:02 -- Loading started, --UNKNOWN-- bytes to process
OnDemand Load Id = >2601-1-0-2080FAA-15542-15542<
Loaded 2 rows into the database
Document compression type used - OD77.  Bytes Stored = >43108< Rows = >2<
07/20/12 10:32:04 Loading completed
Processing successful for file > .... <

An error occurred.  Contact your system administrator and/or consult the System Log.  File=arsadmin.c, Line=2587
Unable to log load information
Processing has stopped.  The remaining files will NOT be processed.

Except for this error, everything seems fine.

I'm about to migrate to this system from 7.1.1.1, so I suspect I've done something wrong in the upgrade step.
I did on the old system:
db2move archive export
db2look -d archive -a -c -e -l -x -z root -o lookfile.dat

and on the new all sorts of stuff:
dropping the database,
creating it,
db2 -tvf lookfile.dat
db2move archive load -lo replace
arsdb -mv
arssyscr -l
arstblsp -a 1 -g "System Log"
and then
arssyscr -a
and for tables ARSUSRGRP ARSLOAD ARSNODE ARSAPP:
arsdb -rv
and then another
arsdb -mv

Tonight I'm going to try omitting the
arssyscr -a.
Could that help, you think?

Thanks!
Mattias

Mattbianco

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2012, 12:15:42 AM »
Hi!

Just wanted to tell you that omitting
arssyscr -a (thereby not creating the "System Load" tables) helped me to get rid of the error.

/Mattias