Author Topic: Retrieving an MTA file  (Read 2836 times)

jeffs42885

Retrieving an MTA file
« on: January 12, 2012, 02:57:53 PM »
Hello all,

I am trying to retrieve an MTA file that we used the XENOS indexer (MTA to PDF Transform) to load into OnDemand. I issue the arsdoc get command, and I am able to successfully able to retrieve the document in PDF form and view it. My question is this..

I need to reload these into a different test environment. Is there any way that I can retrieve the MTA file? We archive documents for usually 30-50 days, but this is a document from 2008.

One thing I have done, is taken the PDF file and created an ARD out of it, then used an index file with index values. Once I do this, the document loads (87) and shows on a hit list through our ondemand thin client using ODWEK, but when I click on it, I get an error saying that the file is corrupt. Anyone have suggestions on what the BEST way to reload this transformed PDF file?

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Retrieving an MTA file
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 04:42:18 AM »
Hello Jeff,

I have no idea on how works the MTA and Xenos... always heard about them, but never seen them in real life!

Nevertheless, here is something you might try:

1) Export documents

Code: [Select]
arsdoc get -h archive -u user -p password -cgNv -f foldername -i "where ..." -o exportedfilename

or something with only LoadID and Application group:

arsdoc get -h archive -u user -p password -acgNv -G ApplicationGroup -X loadID -i -o exportedfilename

2) reload the exported files from point 1)

arsload -h archive -u user -p password -nvf -X G -g applicationgroup -a application indexWithoutINDExtension

That method is normally the independent way to export and re import documents into another CMOD server.

Sincerely yours,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

jeffs42885

Re: Retrieving an MTA file
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 08:12:14 AM »
THANK YOU! I was able to reload the file and retrieve it.

;D ;D ;D ;D