Author Topic: ARSLOAD question  (Read 5096 times)

jeffs42885

ARSLOAD question
« on: January 20, 2012, 08:33:49 AM »
Hi All,

Currently, our loaders run in the background as files are sent down to our system. The below command ingests files into OnDemand (.ARD) files:

processid 15073132        1   0   Jan 16      -  0:00 /usr/lpp/ars/bin/arsload -v -f -G DATASET -A MVS -d /OnDemand/od/process -c /OnDemand/od/process -h ARCHIVE -u ODUSER -t 120 &

What I want to do, is create a separate directory to process files in. I want to be able to retrieve files from our Development Sandbox, and load them into our UAT area. I have the process running in the sandbox, that uses arsdoc and uses a provided Application/Application Group/Load ID, retrieve the file, and send the .IND/OUT to a specified directory on our test server. I have a command that I use to manually reload the file.

arsload -h TESTARCHIVE -u ODUSER -p PASSWORD -nvf -X G -g TestAppGroup -a TestApp TestApp.0.TestAppGroup.TestApp

I want to basically format the above ARSLOAD command to run in the background (&), so that when a .OUT and a .IND file hit this directory, they load into OnDemand using the index file.

What do you guys think?

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: ARSLOAD question
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 04:25:28 AM »
Hello Jeff,

The files you are trying to load MUST end with .ARD or .PDF.
No OUT, no IND.

try to rename your .IND file into .ARD file to see if it works...
If I remember correctly it should work... since I don't have an CMOD server to test... I don't remember exactly if that is enough.

Sincerely yours,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

jeffs42885

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 07:58:04 AM »
Thank you for the help.

I renamed the .OUT to .ARD and removed the .IND. Here is the message I am getting in my system log

File >/od/process/Letters.0.LettersGroup.Letters.ARD< cannot be processed because the Application Group cannot be determined
arsload: Processing failed for file >/od/process/Letters.0.LettersGroup.Letters.ARD<

the same thing happens if I rename the file to .PDF
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 12:35:40 PM by jeffs42885 »

Justin Derrick

• IBM Content Manager OnDemand Consultant
  • Administrator
  • CMOD Guru for hire...
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Consulting
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 06:06:22 AM »
Hi.

Don't rename the .out file -- leave it where it is, just issue the 'touch' command with the same base filename and the .ARD extension.

So, in your case, TestApp.0.TestAppGroup.TestApp.out becomes TestApp.0.TestAppGroup.TestApp.ARD.

If you're not familiar with the UNIX 'touch' command, it creates a zero-byte file if it doesn't exist, or updates the access timestamp if the file DOES exist.

If you need to do a LOT of these, you can automate it easily with a few lines of ksh/bash:

Code: [Select]
for i in *.out
do
  touch ${i%.out}.ARD
done

IBM CMOD Professional Services: http://TenaciousConsulting.com
Call:  +1-866-533-7742  or  eMail:  jd@justinderrick.com
IBM CMOD Wiki:  https://CMOD.wiki/
FREE IBM CMOD Education & Webinars:  https://CMOD.Training/

Interests: #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #TSM #SP #Performance #Security #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR

jeffs42885

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 07:43:34 AM »
Hi Justin,

thank you for the help. I'll give it a shot. I've used touch before..I am still learning AIX but this will definately help!!

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 01:47:49 PM »
Thank you for the help.

I renamed the .OUT to .ARD and removed the .IND. Here is the message I am getting in my system log

Hello Jeff,

??? ??? I think  I was absolutely not clear on what I wrote... I said rename .IND in .ARD, and I've never said to delete .IND anf rename the .OUT... ??? ???

Nevertheless, I think that Justin is right and I was wrong with the .ARD file... so it means that at the end, you should have

file.IND   
file.OUT
file.ARD    <- created with the touch command

Sincerely yours,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

jeffs42885

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 02:01:25 PM »

I am still getting this error:  cannot be processed because the Application Group cannot be determined

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 12:00:32 AM »

I am still getting this error:  cannot be processed because the Application Group cannot be determined

Hello Jeff,

Well, for that you need to use option -B with the correct format.

So from your filename : TestApp.0.TestAppGroup.TestApp

you should have something like

-B APP.IGN.AG.IGN.EXT

or

-B IGN.IGN.AG.APP.EXT

Sincerely yours,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi