Author Topic: After upgrade from 8.4.1.7 to 8.5.0.5 Local Ids unable to login.  (Read 4345 times)

johnnoel

• View Profile
After upgrade from 8.4.1.7 to 8.5.0.5 Local Ids unable to login.
« on: September 14, 2012, 06:36:54 AM »
I am hoping that someone has seen this issues before.
Target Machine (Server B below) has Windows 2008 R2
OnDemand 8.5.0.5
DB2 9.7

Steps taken....
  • Backup database from 8.4.1.7 on Server A
  • Install DB2 9.7 on Server B
  • Install OnDemand 8.4.1.7 on Server B and create the database with the configurator
  • Restore the backup from Server A
  • Test OnDemand and local and Active Directory users can login
  • Uninstall 8.4.1.7 OnDemand Software
  • Install 8.5.0.0 OnDemand
  • Install Fix Pack 8.5.0.5
  • Follow all the pre-requisite steps
    • Run arsdb.exe -u -I <OD_INSTANCE>
    • define ARS_ORIGINAL_CODEPAGE with a value of 5348
    • arsdb -I CMODDEV -efv arsusrgrp
      arsdb -I CMODDEV -efv arsload 
      arsdb -I CMODDEV -efv arsnode 
      arsdb -I CMODDEV -efv arsapp   
      arsdb -I CMODDEV -rfv arsusrgrp                                     
      arsdb -I CMODDEV -rfv arsload 
      arsdb -I CMODDEV -rfv arsnode 
      arsdb -I CMODDEV -rfv arsapp   
      arsdb -I CMODDEV -mv
    • Update the System Log application group for the longer 2000 character Message Text.
    • arssyscr -I CMODDEV -l
    • arstblsp -I CMODDEV -a 1 -g "System Log"
  • Run Configurator and DeInstalled the Services and Re-Installed them
  • Installed the 8.5.0.5 Windows Client
  • Rename arssockd file in the bin directory
  • Unzipped the 8.5.0.5-fixpack-CMODMP-PM62376_win.zip that has arssockd and copy that file to the bin directory
  • Start the Library Server Service in the Configurator

I can login to OnDemand WIndows Client with the Admin ID and with Windows Active Directory accounts,but I can't login witha local OnDemand User ID!!
The error is "The USer ID or Password is not valis for the server."
Which is not so, because I can see the user in the the Admin Client and I have rechecked the password. This is the same ID I tested 8.4.1.7 after migrating the database and was able to login.
I thought, well maybe it's old/existing IDs and I created a new ID with the Admin Client and same problem.

Ohhh and another thing... the Regular user with no special permissions can now see the System Log etc tables which they couldn't before!

What have I missed?

Thanks for any ideas put forward! Nothing is too trivial to suggest! I eventually want to upgrade to 9.0 after I have resolved this issue with 8.5.0.5

demaya

Re: After upgrade from 8.4.1.7 to 8.5.0.5 Local Ids unable to login.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 10:40:49 PM »
What are your settings in the 'System parameters'? (right click on the instance name in administrator).

Especially the settings "Login processing". You may trace the ldap part of ondemand and find out whats wrong.

Cheers

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 04:23:07 AM »
Hello

Try the following option in the ars.cfg file:

ARS_LDAP_OD_AUTHORITY_FALLBACK=TRUE

Sincerely yours,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

johnnoel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 02:02:45 PM »
Thanks for the replies!

I tried ARS_LDAP_OD_AUTHORITY_FALLBACK=TRUE in the registry, as I am using Windows 2008. Still got the same result :-(

I went to the Trace Parameters for the instance and turned on all logging. I sent the trace file to IBM in a PMR that I opened. What program should I use to view the trace file? It has weird characters shown in Notepad or Wordpad.

The GSKIT8 64 bit and 32 bit were installed during the installation of OnDemand. Does this version require that Tivoli Directory Server 6.3 be installed on the OnDemand server?

I just find it odd that it will authenticate against Active Directory, but not it's own user tables.

demaya

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 09:57:03 PM »
Hi,

just use 'arstfmt -i inputfile -o outputfile'. Without -o the output is directly written to the prompt. If you trace while you log in you can use -f so you monitor the file.

Cheers

johnnoel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 07:07:00 AM »
Hmmm odd? I installed Tivoli Directory Server 6.3 and it worked! I then uninstalled it and it still continued to work! Maybe it fixed something with the GSKIT that wasn't done properly before.