Author Topic: XML files  (Read 4302 times)

akstrom

• View Profile
XML files
« on: November 01, 2012, 11:55:29 PM »
We have a customer that wants to save some documents as xml,
 and view it in IE. I have used "User defined" and XML + Generic  in the application , and it looks like the documents are beeing stored, but when I try to view the documents in IE and 
 have IE up and running, the viewing of the document failed. When closing IE it will start, but it will not open the document. Any good ideas ?
Kind regards from Anne in Norway  :-)

Greg Ira

• View Profile
Re: XML files
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 11:17:18 AM »
By "viewing of the document failed"  what do you mean?  Do you get an error message, is the document unreadable, or is IE not even trying to open the document?

demaya

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 09:44:14 AM »
While your IE is started, are the temporary files in the temporary folder? (In Richclient: File --> Show temporary file locations --> Data)

Just to be sure the files are downloaded properly.

akstrom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 11:46:00 PM »
We have a customer that wants to save some documents as xml,
 and view it in IE. I have used "User defined" and XML + Generic  in the application , and it looks like the documents are beeing stored, but when I try to view the documents in IE and 
 have IE up and running, the viewing of the document failed. When closing IE it will start, but it will not open the document. Any good ideas ?
Kind regards from Anne in Norway  :-)

After changing -> Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default         
Programs\Set Associations\xml to open with IE it works. This is not the way to do it clearly ... and we need an extention that we can redirect to IE instead of XML, but it solved our problem with OD and viewing XML
files in the windows client :-)