Author Topic: Overlay in OnDemand  (Read 2964 times)

fnb4321

• View Profile
Overlay in OnDemand
« on: August 21, 2013, 12:38:48 PM »
 I have some letters created via OGL (Overlay Generation Language) that I have loaded into CMOD.  In the thick client some of the characters in the letter are overlaid but when you view the same letter via ODWEK it displays correctly. 

We are using 8.5.0.7 and I assume it must be an applcation setting I have wrong but Ihave not been able to figue it out.

Anyone run into this or know what the issue might be ?

pankaj.puranik

• View Profile
Re: Overlay in OnDemand
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 03:13:43 AM »
Hi

The thick client is a local installation on your desktop.
Unless you do the font mapping certain characters for which the fonts are not available in the font directory on your desktop would be defaulted to some font.
When you use ODWEK, the transformation happens at the server end where all the font and overlay mapping is proper.
So you get a good document via ODWEK.

fnb4321

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 06:38:36 AM »
Right - I understand but I have the fonts used mapped to the proper font configuration files.  It is not displaying some spaces in between words bu the spaces are there in ODWEK

Example below:

Thick Client
specialoption in connection

Thin Client (ODWEK)
special option in connection

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 11:14:51 PM »
Right - I understand but I have the fonts used mapped to the proper font configuration files.  It is not displaying some spaces in between words bu the spaces are there in ODWEK

Example below:

Thick Client
specialoption in connection

Thin Client (ODWEK)
special option in connection

Hello fnb4321,

Well if both configuration of ODWEK and Thick Client are the same, even the options files for display, then the only way to correct it would be to open a PMR.

Don't forget to tell us what you've found! :-) That would be really nice!

Sincerely yours,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML